Thursday 13 August 2015

The Kaiser Chiefs - Employment

Released 7th March 2005, B-Unique

What I thought then...
When I first heard I Predict A Riot on a night out, it stayed in my head all the following day. At the time, they fitted in with everything else around them, and I sung along just like everyone else did.

What I think now...
This is probably the most I’ve moved away from a band reviewed here. I’ve even given away my copy of Employment. Listening to this album again it’s hard to feel anything.

Standout Track
Outside of the big disco hits, I always used to find You Could Have It All quite charming. Without wanting to labour the point, it all blurs into one now.

Live Memories
The main time I saw them was at V festival, which says it all really. But then at Glastonbury 2014, there we all were gathered at the Other Stage to see who the big mystery opening act was...and it was Kaiser Chiefs. Who were already playing later that day. Not much of a surprise, but we were too boxed in to move. So I had to sit through a very uninspiring set.

What Happened Next?
I started losing interest from Ruby onwards. Fair play to Mr Wilson, he went on The Voice to raise the profile of his band, and it probably worked. They’re most likely the “biggest” of all the ten bands I’m reviewing.

Next Time: Lucky lucky, you’re so lucky...

Previously: The Futureheads | Capture/Release | A Certain Trigger | Introduction

No comments: